Vertical Farming Academy gives you the chance to explore careers in the agriculture, horticulture, and natural resources fields. This academy will give you hands-on experience with and introductory knowledge of crops/agronomy, horticulture, livestock production, and environmental conservation.
Empower local communities with the knowledge and skills to prevent hunger and food. Grow more and save more is our main mission to help the agriculture sector and environment all over the world. We would like to keep the next generation future clean and less polluted by our excessive usage of the current resources. Poor countries and poor people deserve more attention to help them live a healthy live. The healthy life starts with health crops and less chemical fertilizers and less pesticides and fungicides.
Vertical Farming Academy will be recognized for educational excellence, exceptional student services, and responsiveness to diverse communities.
The mission of Vertical Farming Academy is a globally informed community of successful lifelong learners. Students will be responsible and contributing members of an ever-changing and global society.
As a an academy we will provide focus, meaning, and the skills necessary for qualified individuals to live competently in their communities.
To provide the opportunity for higher education in Vertical Farming to students from diverse backgrounds through:
- Utilizing the internet to provide distance education
- Offering programs at minimal costs
- Providing a wide range of financial assistance options
- Promoting the University’s programs in underserved regions of the world
To offer quality programs that:
- Maintain high academic standards
- Include core components to foster critical thinking, communication, and commitment to lifelong learning
- Focus on competencies and skills required for success in the global economy
- Are continually assessed and improved through regular outcome assessment and external reviews
- Promote a culture of shared learning through collaboration, interaction and peer-to-peer teaching and assessment
- Are designed around open educational resources (OER)
To provide students with services that contribute to the achievement of the desired learning outcomes by:
- Engaging in a constant process of continual improvement
- Utilizing technology and automation to improve service and accuracy
To assist students in developing, evaluating, and implementing employment decisions and plans by:
Helping students develop self-knowledge related to career choice and work preferences
- Providing educational and occupational information to guide students’ career and educational planning and to develop their understanding of the world of work
- Linking students with alumni, employers, and professional organizations that can provide opportunities to integrate academic learning with the work environment and explore future career possibilities
WHAT WE DO
- At Vertical Farming Academy We Believe:
- We are in the business of changing lives.
- Our students are the top priority in everything we do.
- The people who work here are outstanding.
- This is a great place to work.
- The communities we serve are better because of us.
- Partnership and collaboration are central to everything we do.
- The future of our college is limitless.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Students will develop farm management, speaking, writing, reading, and listening skills.
Critical Thinking / Problem Solving
Students will acquire, evaluate, and analyze information; develop sound reasoning skills; and apply the principles of the scientific method.
UoPeople is based on the belief that education at a minimal cost is a basic right for all qualified applicants, not just for a privileged few. The University works to open the gates of higher education to qualified students anywhere in the world by offering its programs through distance learning and by making this opportunity affordable.
UoPeople creates a global community by making its academic programs, educational services, and employment opportunities available to qualified individuals from all over the world, and by providing learning opportunities that engage students and faculty from diverse backgrounds.
UoPeople grounds its institutional culture in candor, transparency and best professional practices, and expects all students, faculty, staff, and administrators to uphold the highest standards of personal integrity, honesty and responsibility. Additionally, the University expects its students to take responsibility for their education, and to pursue their studies diligently and with seriousness of purpose.
VFarm academy provides a high-quality, online liberal arts education suitable in scope and depth to the challenges of the 21st century. The academy assesses and evaluates all aspects of its academic model on an ongoing basis.
To ensure institutional financial stability and growth through:
- Utilizing volunteers for leadership, academic and administrative work
- Maintaining highly efficient processes
- Developing a community of supporters
Vertical Farming Academy (VFA) is the Education Revolution. We are the first non-profit, tuition-free, WILL BE American, accredited, online academy. Dedicated to opening access to higher education globally,VFA is designed to help qualified high school graduates overcome financial, geographic, political, and personal constraints keeping them from collegiate studies
As the world’s population continues to expand, agricultural industries have been evolving to meet increased demand. Job diversity in agriculture has grown substantially during the last several decades, providing current job seekers with a widening array of career opportunities. To help meet rising demand for skilled professionals and provide educational resources to students around the world, Colorado State University offers a range of online agriculture courses, degrees, certificates, and training programs.
Study agriculture online and start gaining the advanced knowledge you need to tackle current and future challenges in this growing industry. Earning an online degree or certificate in an agricultural field can provide the credentials you need to pursue a wide range of careers, including:
- Agricultural business and finance
- Agricultural product development
- Production management
- Land and resource management
LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR WINTER CLASSES
Colleges & Universities